JOB TITLE: Case Manager
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator
SUMMARY: Transitional Living Community (TLC) Shelter for Adults (40 beds) is seeking a Case Manager to deliver rehabilitative and restorative services to an assigned caseload of residents in supervised transitional housing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensure consumers are living in safe, clean and decent environments compliant with DHS/OMH regulations.
· Provide crisis intervention in acute episodes of emotional and physical distress in order to contain consumer’s regression and to ensure safety of consumers.
· Document progress notes as they pertain to consumers’ individualized Care Plans, and ensure that all clinical and medical interventions are clearly documented in progress notes in a timely manner.
· Ensures consumers have adequate ADL skills by demonstrating, training and coaching.
· Assist consumer with assessing needs and strengths to set goals and objectives.
· Complete initial admission note and initial service plan in compliance with regulations
· Ensures that consumers are linked to all necessary ancillary services including psychiatric, medical and dental treatment, vocational and educational resources, and legal and financial entitlements.
· Represents the agency at conferences and meetings of referral sources, treatment providers and professional and community groups.
· Monitor and evaluate whether or not consumers’ needs have been met by the ancillary services and make recommendations to supervisor.
· Assist consumers with entitlements, budgeting and managing utilities.
· Ensure that furnishings, livings and household items meet agency standards.
· Escorts consumers to housing, benefits, and psychiatric/medical appointments when required.
· Other duties as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires a minimum Associates Degree, Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field preferred, a minimum of one year experience working with adults who have a severe and persistent mental illness with or without a history of substance abuse. Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel; experience with AWARDS and/or CARES a plus. Candidate must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your rѐsumѐ and cover letter to: WestonRecruiting@thebridgeny.org
Note: in the subject line “TLC Case Manager”.